We had to cancel the course due to the urgent medical conditions of the course's lecturer.
Plasma Basics Course (PBC) is a summer course that introduces a series of lectures on the basics of plasma physics. This course targets the senior BSc and MSc students interested in Plasma Physics. To follow this course, you need to have the basic knowledge of the following subjects: (1) mechanics, (2) electricity, (3) magnetism, and (3) electrodynamics is preferable. The course comes in four full days distributed between 18 Aug 2021 and 15 Sep 2021. This year, the PBC will take place at the Center for Theoretical Physics, British University in Egypt
- Introduction and plasma nature.
Single particle motion with E=0.
Single particle motion with E&B ≠ 0.
Introduction to plasma theories.
Kinetic plasma description.
Macroscopic plasma equations (fluid theory).
Plasma as a fluid.
Waves in plasma.
Electron plasma waves.
Ion plasma waves in a cold and warm plasma.
Electrostatic electron oscillations perpendicular to B.
Electrostatic ion waves perpendicular to B.
The concept of β.
Two stream instability.
: Undefined variable: courseScheduleItems in /home/u469089320/domains/egyplasma.com/public_html/summercourse/index.php
on line 555
Notice: Undefined variable: Note in /home/u469089320/domains/egyplasma.com/public_html/summercourse/index.php on line 556
- Physics students in 3rd or 4th level.
- Nuclear Engineering students in 3rd, 4th or 5th level.
- MSc and PhD student in Plasma Physics or any discipline related to plasma.
Registeration fees & Scholarships
- The course is free of charge.
- Scholarship to cover travelling expenses.**
A limited number is available.
- 08 Jun 2021 Application open
- 09 Jul 2021 Application deadline
- 10 Jul 2021 Results
- 18 Aug 2021 Course starts
- 15 Sep 2021 Course end
- Create an account.
- Complete your personal data.
- Upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter.
- Transcript (online transcript is ok and not necesssary to be a hard copy).
- University card.
- Submit the application before the deadline.