Plasma Basics Course is a summer course, in which we introduce a series of lectures on the basics of plasma physics. The requirement to follow the course is the basic physics course (i.e., mechanics, electricity, magnetism, and electrodynamics is preferable). The course comes in four full days (day/week) from 18 Aug 2021 to 15 Sep 2021. This year the course takes place in Center for Theoretical Physics, British University in Egypt
- Introduction and plasma nature.
Single particle motion with E=0.
Single particle motion with E&B ≠ 0.
Introduction to plasma theories.
Kinetic plasma description.
Macroscopic plasma equations (fluid theory).
Plasma as a fluid.
Waves in plasma.
Electron plasma waves.
Ion plasma waves in a cold and warm plasma.
Electrostatic electron oscillations perpendicular to B.
Electrostatic ion waves perpendicular to B.
The concept of β.
Two stream instability.
- Physics students in 3rd or 4th level.
- Nuclear Engineering students in 3rd, 4th or 5th level.
- MSc and PhD student in Plasma Physics or any discipline related to plasma.
Registeration fees & Scholarships
- The course is free of charge.
- Scholarship to cover travelling expenses.**
A limited number is available.
- 08 Jun 2021 Application open
- 09 Jul 2021 Application deadline
- 10 Jul 2021 Results
- 18 Aug 2021 Course starts
- 15 Sep 2021 Course end
- Create an account.
- Complete your personal data.
- Upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter.
- Transcript (online transcript is ok and not necesssary to be a hard copy).
- University card.
- Submit the application before the deadline.