Time until the application open
Spring Plasma School at Port Said (SPSP) is an annual event that targets BSc and MSc students who are interested in or studying plasma physics and plasma applications. SPSP is a week of lectures, hands-on computational tutorials, and problem-solving in plasma physics. Moreover, the participants can discover such a fantastic city –Port Said that overlooks Suez Canal and the Mediterranean sea. Participants and speakers are staying in the same resort; thus, the students have an excellent opportunity to ask and discuss the speakers about useful stuff, e.g., academic career, publication, study abroad, and seeking advice for the next step. If you are eligible, don’t miss such an opportunity, and apply –remember the deadline is on 31 Dec 2021 at 23:58:59
One day conference
The last day of the school is a one day conference, in which MSc students, Ph.D. candidates, and postdocs can present their work. An excellent opportunity to have feedback from attendance on your work. Even though it is a low-stress conference, a contribution certificate will be issued. Attending only the conference is possible if you will give a presentation
- Introduction to plasma physics.
Plasma in Nuclear Fusion.
- Plasma in astrophysics.
Plasma formation and diagnoses in lab.
Plasma in drilling for geothermal energy.
- These topic is subject to updates.
- Physics students in 3rd or 4th level.
- Nuclear Engineering students in 3rd, 4th or 5th level.
- MSc and PhD student in Plasma Physics or any discipline related to plasma.
- Plasma school alumni can attend, but as a self-fund.
- Prof. Waleed Moslem * (Port Said University and CTP at BUE).
Prof. Amr El-Zant * (CTP, British University in Egypt).
MSc. Mohamed Ezzat * (ETH-Zurich, Switzerland and Mansoura University).
More speakers will be announced later.
Organizing committee member.
- For the conference participants: 2 X Best presentation awards: 1000 EGP.
- For students: 2 X Best problem solving awards: 750 EGP.
The following fees cover the accommodation and meals during all days of the school.
- 400 EGP: Egyptian students with scholarship.
- 1600 EGP: Egyptian students without scholarship.
- 400 USD: Non-Egyptian students *.
Can be waived via the
grant, which covers the travel expenses, accommodation, and meals for students from
- 01 Sep 2021 Application open
- 31 Dec 2021 Application deadline
- 10 Jan 2022 Interview
- 15 Jan 2022 Results
- 24 Jan 2022 Payment deadline
- 06 Mar 2022 School starts
- 10 Mar 2022 School end
- Shared rooms, in El-Fayroz Resort.
- Check-in: 06 Mar 2022 from 10:00 AM.
- Check-out: 11 Mar 2022 before 12:00 AM.
- Create an account.
- Complete your personal data.
- Upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter.
- Transcript (online transcript is ok and not necesssary to be a hard copy).
- University card.
- Recommendation letter (in English).
- Submit the application before the deadline.