Plasma Basics Course (PBC) is a summer course that introduces a series of lectures on the basics of plasma physics. This course targets the senior BSc and MSc students interested in Plasma Physics. To follow this course, you need to have the basic knowledge of the following subjects: (1) mechanics, (2) electricity, (3) magnetism, and (3) electrodynamics is preferable. The course comes in four full days distributed between 04 Aug 2019 and 01 Sep 2019. This year, the PBC will take place at the Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Port Said University.
To be announced.
- Introduction and plasma nature.
Single particle motion with E=0.
Single particle motion with E&B ≠ 0.
Introduction to plasma theories.
Kinetic plasma description.
Macroscopic plasma equations (fluid theory).
Plasma as a fluid.
Waves in plasma.
Electron plasma waves.
Ion plasma waves in a cold and warm plasma.
Electrostatic electron oscillations perpendicular to B.
Electrostatic ion waves perpendicular to B.
The concept of β.
Two stream instability.
: Undefined variable: courseScheduleItems in /home/u469089320/domains/egyplasma.com/public_html/summercourse/index.php
on line 557
Notice: Undefined variable: Note in /home/u469089320/domains/egyplasma.com/public_html/summercourse/index.php on line 558
- Physics students in 3rd or 4th level.
- Nuclear Engineering students in 3rd, 4th or 5th level.
- MSc and PhD student in Plasma Physics or any discipline related to plasma.
Registeration fees & Scholarships
- The course is free of charge.
- Scholarship to cover travelling expenses.**
A limited number is available.
- 25 Jun 2019 Application open
- 25 Jul 2019 Application deadline
- 29 Jul 2019 Results
- 04 Aug 2019 Course starts
- 01 Sep 2019 Course end
- Create an account.
- Complete your personal data.
- Upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter.
- Transcript (online transcript is ok and not necesssary to be a hard copy).
- University card.
- Submit the application before the deadline.