Plasma Basics Course is a summer course, in which we introduce a series of lectures on the basics of plasma physics. The requirement to follow the course is the basic physics course (i.e., mechanics, electricity, magnetism, and electrodynamics is preferable). The course comes in four full days (day/week) from 04 Aug 2019 to 01 Sep 2019. This year the course takes place in Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Port Said University.
. The deadline of the course is 25 Jul 2019
- Prof. Waleed Moslem * (Port Said University and CTP at BUE).
MSc. Mohamed Ezzat *# (ETH-Zurich, Switzerland and Mansoura University).
Organizing committee member.
- Introduction and plasma nature.
Single particle motion with E=0.
Single particle motion with E&B ≠ 0.
Introduction to plasma theories.
Kinetic plasma description.
Macroscopic plasma equations (fluid theory).
Plasma as a fluid.
Waves in plasma.
Electron plasma waves.
Ion plasma waves in a cold and warm plasma.
Electrostatic electron oscillations perpendicular to B.
Electrostatic ion waves perpendicular to B.
The concept of β.
Two stream instability.
- Physics students in 3rd or 4th level.
- Nuclear Engineering students in 3rd, 4th or 5th level.
- MSc and PhD student in Plasma Physics or any discipline related to plasma.
Registeration fees & Scholarships
- The course is free of charge.
- Scholarship to cover travelling expenses.**
A limited number is available.
- 25 Jun 2019 Application open
- 25 Jul 2019 Application deadline
- 29 Jul 2019 Results
- 04 Aug 2019 Course starts
- 01 Sep 2019 Course end
To be announced.
- Create an account.
- Complete your personal data.
- Upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter.
- Transcript (online transcript is ok and not necesssary to be a hard copy).
- University card.
- Submit the application before the deadline.