Spring Plasma School at Port Said (SPSP) is an annual event that targets BSc and MSc students who are interested in or studying plasma physics and plasma applications. SPSP is a week of lectures, hands-on computational tutorials, and problem-solving in plasma physics. Moreover, the participants can discover such a fantastic city –Port Said that overlooks Suez Canal and the Mediterranean sea. Participants and speakers are staying in the same resort; thus, the students have an excellent opportunity to ask and discuss the speakers about useful stuff, e.g., academic career, publication, study abroad, and seeking advice for the next step. If you are eligible, don’t miss such an opportunity, and apply –remember the deadline is on 01 Jan 1970.
One day conference
The last day of the school is a one day conference, in which MSc students, Ph.D. candidates, and postdocs can present their work. An excellent opportunity to have feedback from attendance on your work. Even though it is a low-stress conference, a contribution certificate will be issued. Attending the last day, not the whole school, is possible.
- Introduction to plasma physics.
- Plasma in Nuclear Fusion.
- Plasma in astrophysics.
- Laser-Plasma Interactions.
- Plasma formation and diagnoses in lab.
- Plasma in drilling for geothermal energy.
- Prof. Dr. Walid Tawfik - NILES, Cairo University.
- A. Prof. Dr. Mohamed Shihab, Tanta University.
- Dr. Kamal Hagag, Egyptian Atomic Energy Authority.
- Dr. Ibraheem Elkamash, Masnoura University.
- Dr. Mahmoud Afify, Benha University.
- Waleed Moslem, BUE and Port Said University.
- Amr El-Zant, BUE.
- Mohamed Ezzat, ETH-Zurich and Mansoura University.
- Physics students in 3rd or 4th level.
- Nuclear Engineering students in 3rd, 4th or 5th level.
- MSc and PhD student in Plasma Physics or any discipline related to plasma.
- Plasma school alumni can attend, but as a self-fund.
- 400 EGP: Egyptian students with scholarship.
- 1600 EGP: Egyptian students without scholarship.
- 400 USD: Non-Egyptian students*.
The following fees cover the accommodation and meals during all days of the school.
*Can be waived via the ICTP
grant, which covers the travel expenses, accommodation, and meals for students from OAE countries
- Create an account. (Here)
- Complete your personal data.
- Upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter.
- Transcript (online transcript is ok and not necesssary to be a hard copy).
- University card.
- Recommendation letter (in English).
- Submit the application before 01 Jan 1970.
- 01 Jan 1970 Application open
- 01 Jan 1970 Application deadline
- 01 Jan 1970 Interview
- 01 Jan 1970 Results
- 01 Jan 1970 Payment deadline
- 01 Jan 1970 School starts
- 01 Jan 1970 School end
- Shared rooms, in El-Fayroz Resort.
- Check-in: 01 Jan 1970 from 10:00 AM.
- Check-out: 01 Jan 1970 before 12:00 AM.
- WIFI is available for 10 L.E from the resort but not recommended, try to rely on your data package.